Saturday, August 3, 2013

It's nice work if you can get it...


Great show at the Art's Complex
Two of my pieces in the Summer Show at the Arts Complex

Dear Readers,

What a busy week, full of productivity as well as meaningful results. Where to start...

I will start with this. I am so proud to be part of an amazing group of accomplished and talented artists from the Art's complex. The Art's Complex Summer Show is one of the most impressive and well put together group shows I have had the privilege to participate in. Congratulations to all the artists and organizers of the show. I am so pleased that two of the works I created in my studio at the Arts Complex are in this beautiful exhibition. The three massive galleries are spacious, light filled and grand. Just a lovely place for showing work. All the work looked great in the space and had plenty of room to breathe. I was impressed with everything I saw there- such a strong, powerful and varied exhibition. This is my last month of having my studio in the building. I will dearly miss the space and all the opportunities that came because of the time at the studio. If you are local to Edinburgh, don't miss the exhibition that will remain up through the end of the month. Gallery hours are 10am- 6pm. The three galleries are on the third floor.

Solo Exhibition in Edinburgh

Abbey Mount Center, Edinburgh
In other exciting news, I have confirmed my solo exhibition at the Abbey Mount Centre in Edinburgh. The exhibition of my Ghosts of the past series will open on August 15th from 6-8pm. It is free and open to the public. I hope the good folks of Edinburgh will make plans to attend. The exhibition will also be open on the following three Saturdays in August after the reception from 2-4pm and I will be present to talk and discuss my work. Come say hello!

Work in progress in studio 5.23 in the Arts Complex
It feels like everything is coming together. Besides these opportunities to show my work in Edinburgh, I have also been busy creating new works, with ten on the go currently. I have so much to do and so little time but it is all going to work out just fine...

Thanks again for being part of this once in a lifetime experience.

Love,

Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment