Saturday, February 22, 2014

It's show time!

Patrons milling about The Ghosts of the Past Exposed
Photograph © 2014 Melissa Roberts-Vest

What a week!

The American debut of my exhibition The Ghosts of the Past Exposed was held on Wednesday night at the Anne Kittrell Gallery at the University of Arkansas. It was lovely to see so many of the project's supporters in person, to thank them and to talk to them about the work. There was a good turn out and everyone seemed excited to finally see the work here in Arkansas.

It had been a while since I had an exhibition in my hometown and I was feeling a bit nervous and out of practice but the work seemed to speak for itself and captured the imaginations of many who saw it. The exhibition will remain up through March 7th. Gallery hours are Monday-Friday from 10-6pm and there is free parking next door after 5 pm at the parking deck. I hope if you are local to NWA that you will check out the exhibition.

Folks have been asking me what is next for the series and where it will go. I am not sure at this point. I would love to share it with Scottish/American societies, immigration agencies and more educational institutions. We will see what is next!

My sweet friends in front of my painting at the Royal Blind exhibition
Photograph© 2014 Ever Dundas
On Thursday my piece "At once we could see" debuted at the Royal Blind exhibition and sale at Gallery Seventeen in Edinburgh, Scotland. I was so pleased to be able to participate in this important exhibition. I was thrilled when several of my friends from over there made the trek to see the piece in person and took pictures with the painting! It really meant so much to me. I wish I could have been there myself. All in good time...

A very sneaky peek of my piece that will be revealed at the exhibition at Little Ox Gallery
Photograph © 2014 Little Ox

In other exhibition news, next Friday my small piece "I will" will debut as part of the latest exhibition at the Little Ox gallery in Edinburgh. I thrilled to be part of this great show, putting the art in cartography!

It is wonderful to have my work on display here at home and in Edinburgh, my home away from home at the same time.

Now, it is on to the next thing... What is the next thing you ask? Well, I think it involves a little teaching...but I will keep that to myself just now. Do stay tuned as things develop! 2014 is definitely off to a busy and exciting start! I can't believe it is already almost March!?!

Thanks again to everyone who has supported my project, my work, old and new and all who have encouraged me to keep going. Together, we are making exciting things happen.

Until next week, keeping fighting!

Love,

Megan

1 comment: