Friday, June 19, 2020

Studio Visits, Exhibitions, Prints, and More!

I haven't drawn or painted since last week. I did walk to my studio on Tuesday and had an emotional re-entry and then gave it a deep clean and filmed my Tuesday Studio Video Visit. If you missed it you can see it again here.


After I recorded that video and moved some furniture around and regained my composure, I recorded a second video in my studio that you won't see for a while yet. Earlier this month, I applied for and was accepted to participate in a paid project with Leith Late, a virtual open studio a digital project, which will create a virtual map plotting studios in Leith. At each point on the map, there will be one video per selected artist showing their workspace within the studio along with a gallery of still images of their work. Leith Late is working to deliver the project with academic partners from The Science, Technology, and Innovation Studies at The University of Edinburgh. So as you can imagine I was very excited to be accepted into the project with a lot of other wonderful artists and makers from around Edinburgh. I can't wait to see what they do with all the videos and materials gathered from the various participants. I will keep you posted when the project officially launches! 

This week included more good news and opportunity: 
Two of my paintings have been accepted into the Paisley Art Institute 132nd Annual exhibition! This year due to Covid-19 the exhibition will be online, so now everyone can enjoy it! I am delighted to be part of it this year!

The Paisley Art Institute (PAI) has been at the forefront of promoting and supporting Scottish artists’ work since 1876.

The exhibition will be launched on 25th July 2020 on their website. http://www.paisleyartinstitute.org 


These are the pieces that were accepted.

I Carry The Light
Mixed media on canvas
2019 Megan Chapman
80x80x4cm
£1,450
The Anchor Holds
Mixed media on canvas
2019 Megan Chapman
80x80x4cm
£1,450

In other news, I launched my prints this week in my new Ko-Fi shop! The only place you can purchase the new limited edition prints of my accidental portraits! https://ko-fi.com/meganchapman/shop I am delighted that six prints have sold so far! You might imagine which one is proving the most popular just now - shocking! 


COLLECT

COLLECT

COLLECT

Dear patrons and collectors of my work during the lockdown: Thank you all for your much-needed support and encouragement. Your want of and belief in my work really kept me going. I have started preparing your work for the post today and will let everyone know as soon as I have posted your work to you so that you will know when to expect it roughly. Please keep in mind the postal service is still running a bit slower than usual and it may take me a bit longer to get everything organised again, but today I shall start the process! Thanks so much for your patience and again for your support!

And that's all I have for you this week on this Juneteenth. I will leave you with the powerful voice of Mahalia Jackson. Here's a petition to sign to make Juneteenth a national holiday. Click the link to sign: http://chng.it/vX95jbdqyf




No comments:

Post a Comment