Friday, March 5, 2021

Our family tree made of charcoal dust. Interview out now!


Accidental portrait #16
mixed media
20x16" on heavyweight 250gsm linen textured paper. 
The original has sold. 
Prints of this piece are available in my Ko-fi shop: https://ko-fi.com/s/c157f20e2f

Last week I wrote in my studio blog that an interview was imminent, well it was published on Monday night! 

READ

I am very fortunate to have been interviewed by Peter Goodbody for P3DRO, a wonderful music and culture site based in England. A simple interview of 13 questions turned into something much more far-reaching and personal than I expected. I have to say this is one of my most favourite interviews to date. I really enjoyed knowing that it was going to be published on a mostly music-driven site, as music is so important to me and my process. I felt like I could communicate more effusively about the music connection to my art and be more completely myself- it was a more holistic interview. It all came together so well, it felt like a gift. 

I spent Monday night sharing it across social media accounts trying to reach the near and far. If you missed it or haven't read it yet, please do. This one is special to me and it would mean a lot. 

Read it here: https://p3dro.net/2021/03/01/megan-chapman-this-is-our-family-tree-made-of-charcoal-dust/

Thank you, Peter, for your brilliant questions and for this wonderful opportunity. 

Accidental portrait #17
mixed media
20x16" on heavyweight 250gsm linen textured paper. 
The original has sold. 
Prints of this piece are available in my Ko-fi shop: https://ko-fi.com/s/4704f6c20c


In other news, I have updated my ko-fi shop with new descriptions for many of my affordable works on paper. I'm trying to give you more of an experience as you view these works online as if you were talking to me at an open studio event. I hope you will take another look if you haven't visited in a while.

Gutless sketch #5/ Tell me how you really feel print #3
A3 size/11.7x16.5”
200 gsm heavyweight acid-free cartridge paper
2020
Both the original and prints are available in my Ko-fi shop. 
Print: https://ko-fi.com/s/63af21620b



Tomorrow is my birthday. It is the last one in my 40s and it is during lockdown. I am looking forward to taking a walk and speaking with friends and family near and far on the computer. I have a fresh bouquet of daffodils about to bloom in the house and my window boxes are exploding in the same fresh yellow. The Forth wildly crashes on the wee beach across the road. My cat, Theo sits by me looking out the window and I have plenty of tea. I am so very fortunate. 

Okay 49, I am looking at you squarely. I set an intention to live in compassionate simplicity along with forward movement peppered in joy. This sounds good to me.

Thank you for being part of all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment