Friday, April 28, 2023

My warrior, my champion is gone


I don't want to write this post, but I do want to honour my best boy, best friend, companion and love, champion, warrior, protector, familiar, dear heart - my sweet Theo. 

We worked so hard for as long as we could, but we had to say goodbye on Wednesday, April 26th 2023. 

My heart and house feel so empty. 

I will never forget you, Theo. Thank you for all the love, joy, and comfort you gave me and for everything you taught me. Thank you for being with me as I learned so much about my new country and myself. Every day I got to come home to you was a good day no matter what was going on in my life or in the world. 

Words will never express how much you meant to me or our bond. I would do it all over again and I wish I could. 

Hug your dear animal family, they aren't here long enough. 

Many thanks to Connor and Beatrice at Braid Vets and everyone else who crossed paths with Theo during his care there. I will always be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment