Friday, August 18, 2023

The tea tastes good

Where my soul roams
Mixed media on canvas
24x24x2cm (framed)
Megan Chapman
£325
Purchase

How can it already be the 18th of August? I lost a good 3 weeks to Covid and now the rebuilding begins. As autumn approaches new ideas come forward - I always feel like the beginning of this season is more instrumental in creating new ways of being than the new year. A holdover from "back to school" days I am sure. I want to learn, I want to grow, I want to change in the autumn - I bought a pack of new pens and I cut my hair. I have a homemade calendar page on the fridge. I am ready.

I watch good films, I read good books, I discover new music. I watch for the first leaves to fall and note the shift in the light. I make plans for the darker days on the way. 

I work, I engage, I participate and help. I plant something silver and sculptural. I make friends and I rediscover my love of photography. The tea tastes good. I am alive. 

Small gestures
Mixed media on canvas
24x24x2cm (framed)
Megan Chapman
£325 
Purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment