Friday, December 31, 2010

Out of the darkness and into the fire...


Well here we are on the last day of 2010....
Standing on the precipice or maybe just another day about to roll into the next.

Thanks to everyone who read or even skimmed my post last week. I am so glad to be able to share my world with you. So for this week I was thinking I should write up a plan for the new year and post it here. This would serve as place for me to keep my goals at the ready. A list of resolutions for my art in 2011.

Then I decided only a fool would do that! Most importantly for 2011, I want to work. I want to be paid for my work. I want to be appreciated for my work. I want to expand and explore new directions in my work. I want to be inspired by my work. I want to learn things about myself and the world. I want to shine a light on some dark corner whether for myself or for others. I want to make the unseen real and concrete.

I just want to work. Whether that involves painting, photography or writing. Where ever the muse takes me, I want to be there. I want to give myself over to it fully and then I want to share it with all of you. That is my plan for 2011. Nicely vague, somewhat hopeful, and a bit inspired.

Oh and I should probably add some stuff about setting boundaries and taking supreme care of myself. Yes, that sounds good now.

See you next year.
You know what to do...

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant plan. Audacious, yet completely reasonable too. And like you say - just vague enough ;)

    I like your plan and feel happy to be in a position to watch it unfold. Good luck and all the best Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following your muse is a great idea. Even better is sharing it with these strange interweb spaceways. I really look forward to watching the ride. (Also, boundaries are a good plan!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A plan that allows you to go with your flow - I like it!
    Happy 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete