Friday, April 29, 2011

iteration/span & a reminder

I will take you to far off places
Munro/Bremner © 2010/2011

Here we are again, and I am going to pretend that I wrote this on Friday but the hardcore readers will know the truth. Things got away from me this week as I have been hosting visiting U.K. artist Stewart Bremner who is preparing for his joint exhibition iteration/span with Craig Munro to be held in the Hive Gallery at the Fayetteville Underground during the month of May. It has been interesting watching Stewart prepare for this exhibition, reminding me of all the small details and expense that goes into a show.

If you are local or regional please come out to the Fayetteville Underground Thursday May 5th during first Thursday from 5-8pm and say hello to Stewart who has traveled a long way from Edinburgh, Scotland to share his and Craig's combined photographic images. Stewart will also be giving an artist talk on Saturday May 7th from 11- 12 about the process and inspiration behind the exhibition as well as answer your questions. It is always a rare treat when we get to hear directly from the artist so please be sure to attend so you can get the inside scoop. As always our exhibitions and art talks at the Fayetteville Underground are free and open to the public.

In other news, I have been enjoying being a tour guide and trying to stay dry during this excessively rainy spring we've been having lately. I would love to say I am bursting with new inspiration at the moment, but sadly I can not. I will just have to accept that I am in a bit of a lull at the moment and hope that the art will materialize again soon.

The following affordable and original works from the maps of the night and flashcard series are still available. If you are interested in one of these works on paper please email me at megancha@gmail.com to reserve your piece. I really appreciate everyone who supports me and my work by buying a flashcard or a painting. You keep me going and you make me work harder. Thank you.

the vines
mixed media on paper 6x4"
© 2011 Megan Chapman
$25

static
mixed media on paper 6x4"
© 2011 Megan Chapman
sold

solace
mixed media on paper 6x4"
© 2011 Megan Chapman
sold

quiet voices
mixed media on paper 6x4"
© 2011 Megan Chapman
sold

where two points meet
mixed media on paper 6x4"
© 2011 Megan Chapman
sold


a favorite place (when I close my eyes)
mixed media on paper 6x4"
© 2011 Megan Chapman
$25

it all points to an expertly crafted myth
mixed media on paper 24x 36"
© 2011 Megan Chapman
$100

She would remember for him, he would forget for her
mixed media on paper 24x 36"
© 2011 Megan Chapman
sold


As always, keep fighting for your art, your vision and your life. It is short and what you bring to this planet is unique and so valuable.



No comments:

Post a Comment