Saturday, September 21, 2013

I hear America singing...

As seen on the USA projects page this week. I wish I knew who created this. 

Dear Readers,

As most of you know, I have been back in the states for the past week. I am staying in Atlanta, Georgia with my brother Ben for awhile. Perhaps it is just a coincidence but I happen to be staying at the intersection of Edinburgh and Westminster. I am paying attention to all signs and I will take this as one.

Not too much has happened in the art world since I have been back. However as I mentioned last week, I am part of a group exhibition in Little Rock, Arkansas called Abstract ARt at the Butler Center. If you are in Arkansas please stop by and see the exhibition which will remain up through November 24th. I also have a selection of larger works at Boswell-Mourot Fine Art in Little Rock as well. Make a day of it!

This week I have been getting my Etsy shop set up again with the appropriate shipping rates etc from the United States. I also used a new app for my online shop on my Facebook Artist page which will make it easier for patrons to buy my art directly off facebook rather than having to go to Etsy as well. So far it looks like a good application. I also reached an exciting milestone of 750 friends of my art page this week. Thanks to all of my readers that are friends of that page. If you are not already please click here and then click like. Besides my blog, my facebook art page is the best way for me to communicate directly with you all and to share my latest projects. This week also saw the arrival of my paintings from Scotland. I am quite relieved as they were held in customs for a few days, but they are here now and in good condition.

I am very excited to incorporate some of the inspirations and colors collected in my photographs of Scotland in my new work this autumn. Stay tuned...it's coming, I promise...

In other news, this week of being back in the states has been illuminating in many ways and also quite painful. Besides dealing with being miles apart from Stewart, suffering jet lag and feeling slightly displaced, I have also been dealing with an extremely painful muscle spasm in my upper trapezius. This is a pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. The spasm was caused by my travels and the stress related to it all. The muscle will release in time. Unfortunately, I had to spend money I don't have to see a Dr. here in Atlanta and now have a prescription for muscle relaxers...not exactly the welcome back I had hoped for.

I wanted to jump into getting new art in my Etsy shop and writing and catching up on blogs and processing photographs but it was not meant to be. I just have to give it time and cut myself the slack I need right now.

It will all work out. I am looking forward to enjoying Atlanta and creating some art soon. It has been good to be around my brother Ben and my nieces and their cat Camper.

Until next week, keep fighting. The worlds needs you and your art.

Love,

Megan

3 comments:

  1. M, do you really want a remedy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rust & Blue will do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "now" traces you back to "what"... would he care to know?

    ReplyDelete