Friday, March 18, 2016

The start of the future story


How many times do I get to be so excited that I shake, just looking at art? How many times do I get to think up dreamy titles and ideas? How many times will the words and shapes come, that fit the lock to my heart?


How many times will I draw charcoal shapes and feel this thrill? How many times can I repeat myself and not care? How much luxury am I afforded in my work? How many times can I "shift gears" and speak "new languages of line" only to find that I have remained constant and have fooled only myself?


I feel a shake, a rift, a tremor, a tickle, a divine shoogle, a prompt and a want within my work (again). I am holding my jaw tight and my body feels like a rubber band. I am vibrating with ideas and tears come easily to my eyes. I paint over works that were once finished. I draw new shapes on top of older, known and loved ones. I feel the charcoal snap in my hand, I turn the volume up, I dive in and push forward. 

The start of the future story is now.

2 comments:

  1. That last painting!!!! Swoon! I can see and feel your tremors and excitement!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and for your comment, Madilyn! That last painting is in progress right now so who knows what will happen with it but yes, that is what this is all about! Thanks so much for your feedback. :)

      Delete