Friday, March 25, 2016

One of those weeks


detail

This week. What can I say. It came and went. It was punctuated by sunshine here and there and a few walks but sadly not as much painting as I had hoped. My schedule that was working so well for me in all ways has been a bit of a jumble since the flu in February and my birthday at the beginning of March. I am hoping to get everything back on track this next Monday.

I've been struggling with balance, health and my mood this week and it has been frustrating. To write a blog last Friday about being excited and then not be able to follow through with that feeling this week felt like a setback. The ebb and flow of living, I am not sure if I will ever get used to it. I am the most optimistic person most of the time, but a good part of the time I also feel like I am on the wheel spinning in circles. Two steps forward six steps back. It was just one of those weeks.

However, I did work on one of the large canvases this week and for that I am grateful. The ebb and flow of painting, I can handle. The images coming and going with the stroke of a brush or a wipe of a rag. Things good but not good enough to stay, get taken out with a few breaths and a quick hand. It doesn't feel scary or hard but simply has to happen. If only I could connect to this life in the same way. A stroke of a brush and a wipe of a rag, putting things in their right place without fear or doubt, simply because it must be.

Until next week, you know what to do.

large work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment