Friday, May 26, 2017

All the time it took to remember

All the time it took to remember
Acrylic on canvas
76x51x4cm/30x20x1.5"
2016 Megan Chapman
Sold
This week has been full of sun and warmth and delightfully so! I spent some time in the studio this week sketching out the start of a new accidental portrait as well as laying the grounds on a few canvases, big and small. I also rediscovered some small canvas works that I have now decided are done and will be documenting them soon.

I have started the MOMA course and completed week one just before I sat down to write this blog post. I like the course so far and have enjoyed the refresher on canvas and paint basics as well as some of the back story surrounding the New York School and the critics involved in helping make that time as it became known. The readings are quite thorough and took me back to my university days. Looking forward to starting week two and the Barnett Newman module. If you are taking the course, I hope you are enjoying it as well. I hope to discuss more of the course in my Tuesday Studio Visit Videos as well as on here, once it gets a bit deeper into the meat of the subject. Again for a free course, it seems to offer a lot of good information and is a real treasure for those on a budget that need some structure or inspiration.

In other news, I had another sale! This time from The Colour Purple exhibition at Union Gallery last month. I was delighted to learn this news! This weekend I plan to visit an art supply store and get some new materials, the MOMA course already has me thinking about new ideas for my studio practice. 

Besides the art world, I've been cleaning the park, the street, and practicing my ukulele everyday since I brought it home. I have also been meditating and practicing yoga as well. To balance all this out I also made my first ever pitcher of Sangria. Tasty. 

Again, few words for you this week, but I am glad I posted on time! Love and light to you and yours. Keep fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment