Friday, May 12, 2017

Litter, Resistance, and more Accidental Portraits

I seem to be a person of few words right now. I love my blog and the practice of writing it, but I have been a bit sad lately as well as under the weather. I currently also have this obsession with the litter problem in my neighborhood and that is cutting into my art brain. I need to be mindful that my community litter picking doesn't become a form of studio resistance.

Speaking of resistance have you all read, The War of Art? I am sure I have mentioned it in the earlier days of my blog but I would highly recommend the book if you struggle with any forms of resistance. I need to read it again.

I did manage to paint two more accidental portraits so it can't be all that bad. If I am honest, after coming out of the gate so strong at the start of the year with 180 pieces of the distillation process, everything feels a bit of a let down. It's all temporary and I will return to my art heart and brain. I can balance my community involvement with my calling, I am sure of it.

I am still creating Tuesday Studio Visit Videos over on my facebook page, so go have a look if you have missed any. I am also looking forward to starting the MOMA course on Abstract Art.

All will be well. There has to be time to pause and reflect to keep the fire burning.

Here are the latest Accidental Portraits. 



Until next week, keep fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment