Friday, September 22, 2017

Oh find me sweet alchemy



The seasons are changing and my motivations and habits change as well. I am waking up earlier and going to sleep earlier and feeling that nostalgic closeness of Autumn.


This week I ordered some new materials and worked on two larger pieces (the paintings are pictured above). I also posted my Tuesday Studio Video Visit which proved to be a bit more popular than usual with folks. I appreciated the comments and feedback. It always feels better when we can see ourselves in each other and be more connected. I am glad I am not alone in my thoughts. If you missed the video on Tuesday on Facebook, here it is below.


Besides these things I made some fudge (because you know, Autumn) and worked on an ambient music project. Stewart Bremner and I are calling ourselves Dérive and we have made a wee 4 song EP called Living Among Filaments. It was good to collaborate and enjoy some creative time away from painting. You can hear it here. We hope you will enjoy it. Until next week, keep fighting.



No comments:

Post a Comment