Friday, September 29, 2017

Oldest Living Things



The sun is shining and the light has that lovely afternoon autumnal glow. The last gasp of summer warmth is soaked up walking to and from the studio and running errands.

New supplies arrived in the studio this week. It's always exciting to receive new paint, charcoal sticks, and my beloved charcoal powder. Two rather large canvases were in the mix of new materials as well. I am looking forward to diving into all of this. However, right now I need to focus on a couple of smaller works and finishing a commission. I find the change in seasons a bit distracting.

The three-year anniversary of my arrival in Edinburgh was on Tuesday so I took some time off to contemplate it all and enjoy myself.
You can see the Tuesday video visit here if you missed it.



I did manage some studio time and began working on one 40x40cm/16x16" canvas. It has a long way to go yet. Here it is surrounded by studio mess. I think the surroundings capture my mind right now. There are so many directions I want to take.




It was 6 days ago that Stewart put out our super wee EP, Dérive: Living Among Filaments. One of my favourite tracks is the last one, Oldest Living Things. I especially like the ending bit. Give it a listen if you like being cooed and hooted at in an alternative universe.

That's all I have for you this week. Thank you for being part of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment