Friday, May 18, 2018

Cardboard meditations and open studios

This week in the studio I played a bit. I enjoyed the freedom of a meditation in motion in the form of working on "throw away" materials such as cardboard from the studio recycling bin. A simple way to loosen up after working on my larger canvases as well as my smaller series. I enjoyed the freedom to just move along with the paint with no destination and no finished product in mind. You can learn and see more of this on my Tuesday Studio Video Visit, in case you missed it on my Facebook art page here it is again.


You can see the studio snaps of the results of this process.




In other news, we are still gearing up for our Open Studios event at the Out of the Blue Drill Hall. Stewart Bremner of IndyPrints has designed a wonderful poster for our event. We have an exciting and varied lineup of artists and other exciting groups opening their doors on the 9th of June, so please make plans to attend.

If you are on facebook, please say you will attend by marking it so on our event page. We really would love to see you there!

Every day we paint is a victory. Every day we care for ourselves, each other, and the world is an even bigger one. The world needs you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment