Friday, June 8, 2018

All Things Open Studios!

Poster Design by Stewart Bremner


This week it is all about Open Studios!

A HUGE Saturday coming up at the Drill Hall with Out of the Blue Open Studios, Bruncheon! feat. the Sound of Muesli with Toby Mottershead, Lewis Gibson (of The Midas Touch) & Ruth Marie Cumming, Architecture Fringe's Crumble Magazine Project plus a chance to see the #Exposed18 Edinburgh College and Out of the Blueprint exhibitions.

11am - 5pm (live music from 11.30am-2.30pm) and it's free entry all day! 36 Dalmeny Street Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 8RG. Visit The Out of the Blue Drill Hall website for all the details.

I will be in my studio G23, on the ground floor. As you come in, turn right once you are through the entryway and before you get to the cafe, keep turning right passed the notice board, there will be signage. My studio will be the first door on your left and it will be open. You will be given a programme at the entrance with a map indicating all the open studios participating. I hope to see you there!

This Tuesday, I was calmly getting ready as you can see in my video visit.



As today is Friday, I am not quite as calm but I am focused and getting things done for tomorrow. As luck would have it Interpol dropped a new single yesterday so this will help push me the rest of the way (if you have been reading this blog since 2007 you know I am a bit of a fan...)

I have updated my website with my latest large works from my Echoes and Memory series so please go have a look. I also have new beautiful postcards to hand out at open studios!

And last but not least, you can read more about my work and my process regarding my latest works in this recent article. Megan Chapman: A Strange Alchemy. An earlier version of this article appeared in Painters Tubes magazine. Click on the images to read.































And that's all I have for you this week. Music is everything, I love painting, and I am grateful for you and everyone else who brings beauty and thought to this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment