Friday, August 31, 2018

Diving back into the work




This week found me back in the studio passionately working and it felt good. I returned to my paper series that originally started off as "the dark anchor" but now seems to be evolving into something larger and perhaps less dark. I am looking forward to framing these, I think these might fit in the expanded Echoes and Memory series once complete.

On Tuesday, there was an easy going sofa edition of the Studio Video Visit where I read an excerpt out of this brilliant book.



In other news, I am very excited to announce that I am having a solo pop-up exhibition on Friday, September 21st from 7-9pm at The Out of the Blue Drill Hall! I am honoured to present my work in conjunction with Maggie's Centre Culture Crawl, a fundraising event happening in 12 cities across the UK to support people affected by cancer.


I also started working on a potential commission for an interior design project. We will see what comes of it. I am enjoying taking inspiration from the designer's mood boards. Right now, it's a fun challenge and experiment. 

Did you know I accept commissions and work with designers? Well, now you do. I enjoy the challenge of working with colour palettes, mood boards and within budgets and deadlines so please contact me if this is a service you are interested in.

Building up the surface on four 70x60cm canvases 

The flat hunt continues, we are now one month into the search, we have eight weeks to go. 34 calls to various agencies and private landlords. Countless online searches, emails, and inquiries, time spent walking the neighbourhood taking photos of signs, and following up leads of friends. We've been to eight scheduled viewings. One application passed over. September starts tomorrow, two viewings are scheduled for Monday. I am grateful for the recent sunshine, yoga, meditation, my supportive friends, and all the helpers in the world. Let's see what happens this month.

Thanks again to everyone who read last week's blog post. I really appreciate everyone who took the time to reach out to me. You are all beautiful people.

Until next week, keep fighting and if you are an Interpol fan, buy their new album, it's good.

Love and light to you and yours. x
***************************************
Do you enjoy my blog, my video visits, the paintings I share, or the other content that I provide for free across social media? Consider buying me a cup of coffee in support of my work. I am a member of Ko-fi.com, A friendly way for creators to get paid! Thank you!

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

2 comments:

  1. I know she refers to this as a load of bollocks really but
    https://youtu.be/rbbPPy_bNM4
    Has a lovely way with marks

    The line is your path
    The cross is your heart
    The curve is your smile

    My work usually has a circle - which means a portal to something or somewhere else to me.

    I have rediscovered paper as a support and drafting film which carries scratches and such, beautifully.

    Love this series - and good luck with the interior design collab sounds -good!

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this comment, Elaine. Paper is an amazing support, so versatile yet beautifully delicate too. The interior design collab is going forward so I am very excited! Thanks always for your comments here. I appreciate you reading my blog. x

      Delete