Friday, August 17, 2018

I tally, check off, and list.



I often don't think I work hard enough. I tally, check off, and list.

My monkey mind rages even with daily yoga and meditation. Am I working? Yes. Am I working hard enough? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Are you working when the work doesn't earn money? Yes, sometimes I am in action and I think action counts as work. Money is separate. Was I ever expected to make money at this? Yes and no.

Do I earn my keep? Yes. Do I earn my place in society? Yes. Do I have to cook and clean to earn my place? No. Do I have to put on lipstick to earn my place? No. Do I have to wait in line? I have been waiting politely for what seems like forever so maybe that is on me. Do I have to wait for permission? I do this too often. Do I have to follow the rules? I hope not but I do. Do I have to censor myself? No, but I do. Do I have to watch as man after man and after man's paintings get featured on abstract painting pages? Seems like it.

With the perfect storm raging in the background of my life I took to the beach for some space.



It's on me to make this work. It's on me to make peace with my calling. I take responsibility for my choices and I am not giving up. I am going to raise my voice a little louder and show up a little bolder for myself. Let's see what happens...

Until next week, I am grateful for you and your work. I see you.
***************************************
Do you enjoy my blog, my video visits, the paintings I share, or the other content that I provide for free across social media? Consider buying me a cup of coffee in support of my work. I am a member of Ko-fi.com, A friendly way for creators to get paid! Thank you!

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

2 comments:

  1. Keep on going! It is good to reflect on your practice - and tell those chattering monkeys to shut their pieholes (Do monkeys not eat pie? That would explain the snark....). I hope you are having some success with your relocation and that everything settles down soon. I'm very envious of your beach walk and that fab flurry of works on paper.

    Sending positive vibes

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine. I always appreciate your reading my blog and taking the time to comment.Super appreciative of your vibes! We've seen 7 flats so far, one of them felt like home so we applied we will see what happens. Until then, we keep looking. Take care x

      Delete