Friday, April 12, 2019

Live with art!







A dear friend and patron, Barbara Jaquish shared this photo of her cat, Reuben Roscoe, relaxing in front of one of my paintings (from 2004-2006?). I asked if I could share this with you because this photo captures my ethos of living with art. Art lives and breathes with you and your cat. It moves with you from room to room, marking the years and memories and gives new life to space. It rides in cars, it gets dusty, it gets mishandled, it gets loved, it fades, it gets messy, just like life. Live with art, it's so much more than just a pretty picture.

Right now, my focus is on this brilliant charity, Bikes for Refugees Scotland, that provides free bikes and all the gear needed to refugees in Edinburgh and Glasgow. I’ll be sharing more as my fundraising efforts for this charity go live. I spoke at length in my Tuesday Studio Video Visit this week about the great work they are doing. Please check it out if you missed it (see below).

Until next week, every day we paint is a victory (especially when we can use our work to help others)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment