Friday, July 12, 2019

Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye


The sea whispers to me
Mixed media on canvas
20x20x4cm/8x8x1.5”
2019 Megan Chapman
£325
Available at the Velvet Easel Gallery


After a lovely opening of the "Stars go waltzing" exhibition at the Velvet Easel Gallery in Portobello last Saturday, this week got off to a rocky start. A large commission I was all set to begin working on fell through over the weekend. I took a few days off to process my disappointment, cleaned up my studio (filled with the studies I had done for the project), and tied up a few loose ends. As I managed to show up to work and slowly move forward, I bribed/rewarded myself with a film in the cinema, a charity shop dress, and a fair amount of junk food. I also relied on my close friends and family when I needed support and here I am. Almost a week has passed and I am okay. In fact, I am pretty good.

As the Scots say, "Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye." Sometimes, things have a funny way of working out for the best. So now my studio is tidy and ready for the next project, my belly is full, I saw the new Robert the Bruce film (I really enjoyed it- better than the Netflix one) and I am reminded how wonderful it is to have supportive people in my life. And then something else happened...

Fragile once more
Acrylic and Charcoal on Canvas
51x76x4cm/20x30x1.5"
© 2015 Megan Chapman
Sold



A dear patron contacted me and purchased a couple of small works from my online studio sale and on the same day, a lovely patron from the states contacted me and purchased one of my larger paintings for their collection! Here I was fretting about the loss of income and in the same week, three sales! Three of those good, affirming, rich communication and connection type sales. Thank you, patrons, your support couldn't have come at a better time!

In other news, a reminder again about the 25-year Anniversary Exhibition at the Out of the Blue Drill Hall opening next Thursday.

Mark your diaries and get your free ticket (see link below- or don't bother with the tickets if that is freaking you out- just come!). I am delighted that I will be participating in the Out of the Blue is 25 Exhibition, Thursday 18th - Thursday 25th July. Join us for the exhibition launch: Thursday 18th July, 6pm - 9pm (book free tickets), The exhibition will be open daily from 10am-5pm (except Sunday). "An exhibition of our studio artists’ work to celebrate 25 years of Studio provision in Edinburgh by Out of the Blue Arts and Education Trust.

Out of the Blue is delighted to present an exhibition showcasing the rich array of practices taking place behind our studio doors. Bringing together painters, textile artists, jewellers, and everything in-between as a celebration of ingenuity, imagination, innovation, and craft."

That's all I have for you this week. Thank you for being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment