Friday, November 15, 2019

Bicycles for Refugees Fundraiser and Open Studios!

My second fundraiser for Bikes for Refugees is happening now! If you recall, I created 10 works on paper last spring to benefit this important charity organisation and thanks to you, all 10 works sold! We were able to donate £550 to this worthy organisation and I am hoping we can do the same again before the end of the year. 

This latest series of original paintings are A4 sized - 21X29.7cm/8.3x11.7” mixed media on 280gsm/80oz primed canvas board. They will be signed and dated on the back. Each piece is £135. These new works are value-priced for charity and this includes shipping to anywhere in the world. £55 from the sale of each piece will be donated Bikes for Refugees and will put a bike in the hands of a new Scot. 

The bikes are donated to the charity from lovely folks and then the organisation spends money and time to service the bikes, making sure they are roadworthy for their new owners. Each bike also comes with a lock, light, and a helmet. It costs £55 to get a donated bike up and running for new Scot. So each time a painting sells, that's another bike we can get on the road for a refugee. Here's a short clip of me speaking about how I was inspired to help this charity. 

I gladly accept bank transfer and PayPal (if the buyer can kindly pay the PayPal fees). Payment plans are also available (take up to 3 months to pay off your painting if needed). I want you to live with original art and I want to help this important charity. Message me to reserve your painting today! Gratefully, four pieces from this series have already sold! Thanks, patrons! 

Here are the remaining available works. I would love to sell at least 6 more of these before the end of the year! Please share my blog or my facebook album http://bit.ly/2KhrKy4 of the paintings and help spread the word. Thank you. 













Also if you are local Edinburgh, my studio G23 will be open this Sunday from 12-5pm along with my friend, textile artist Mairi Brown in F14. We will have our doors open alongside the Makers Marque event at the Out of the Blue Drill Hall located at 36 Dalmeny Street in Leith. It would be a great time for you to come and see these new charity pieces in person and pick up one for yourself or as a gift. 

Until next week, keep fighting! We need you here alongside us creating change and beauty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment