Friday, November 8, 2019

When it rains, it pours



Slowly things are returning to a type of normalcy. The studio has been put back together, all the work for upcoming exhibitions has reached its gallery of choice (The Velvet Easel, Doyle Fine Art, and Dancing Light). I am getting caught up on my blog (go back and catch up if you haven't- all gaps have now been filled). I even managed to record a Tuesday Studio Video Visit on a Tuesday! Here is the evidence (and note the progress of the studio as well!)



In other news, as you can see I am turning the hall into a small works gallery. I also started working on a new small works series, these are going to be charity works like I did in the Spring. It feels so good to finally be able to focus on making work and do it in a spirited and loose way. I started with a favourite palette of mine, one that really came to be this summer while I was working on my book series. I mean lets be honest I have been dancing around this palette for a few years, but anyway it's black, white, grey, yellow ochre, and an electric blue and pale sea foam green oil pastel. These colours thrash about, dance and do loopty loops across the A4 sized canvas board. I jump in time with the beat, I curse, I laugh and I dance as I work. This is the best part, to remember again after a break. To create a reason and then to let the momentum carry me. To get out of my own way and to trust my hand, my materials, my understanding and what I love and what I want in a painting. To be the conduit in my space, on my own terms. What a sweet relief, when it rains it pours.

And we're back!

As always, keep fighting. You will remember again if you forget, your hand knows what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment