Friday, February 24, 2023

A dash of magic and spring vibes

Singing to the flowers at night
Mixed Media on Paper
50.8 x 40.64cm/20x16"
Megan Chapman

It's Friday already!? Yes, it is. 

My cat Theo isn't doing too well just now which is heavy on my mind and heart. Tonight I observe him and call the vet in the morning if need be and if I don't need to (fingers crossed) I have an appointment on Tuesday morning to learn how to start giving him subcutaneous fluids. Sigh. What a wee champion Theo continues to be. 

Let's see what else happened this week in art and life.

On Saturday, I focused on putting my most recent body of portraits all together in one place where patrons can enjoy and easily purchase them. These are the same pieces that made up my Divinations, Declarations, and Whispers exhibition that was held online in December. Now you can find them on my Artwork Archive site. I will be experimenting with having more of my work available in the near future on this platform. I really like the ease of use and point of sale and contact capabilities. If you missed the portraits on my social media accounts, you can check them out here: https://www.artworkarchive.com/profile/megan-chapman

On Saturday night I enjoyed the final 2-hour session of "Art, Work and Power," presented by the Scottish Artists Union. I get so much out of the union courses - always inspiring, empowering, and thought-provoking. I am looking forward to the next courses. 

On Monday, I updated my Instagram and Twitter handles to my actual name. So if you follow me on Instagram it is no longer at "ethermaven" but is now: https://www.instagram.com/megan.chapman.artist Similarly, if you follow me on Twitter at "ethermaven" it is now https://twitter.com/meganchapmanart I have also updated my profile pictures across the board to something a bit more up-to-date as well.
Seems a bit more professional to show up under my actual name and hopefully, it will be better for business as well. It's always a hassle to update those things as you don't realise how many times you share and promote those handles across social media, websites, and such. It felt good to finally take care of it.

On Tuesday, I visited the vet with Theo for blood tests and fluids, had my weekly chat with Jennifer, and then later I made the Tuesday Studio Video Visit. Another wee promo video. I am experimenting with slightly more professional videos and also just taking a wee break from talking on camera. Honestly, I need and want to focus on selling some of the work I have readily available before creating loads more just now for space and financial reasons. So if you missed it, here it is again. Fun fact - I created the discordant and "ethereal" sounds in the backing track as well (Nae worries - I will stick to my day job!) But, hey I am having a SALE in my shop on this specific body of work and if you use code "BUYART" at check out you get 10% off until midnight Sunday. These are mounted and ready to pop in any standard 8x10" frame.

Go here: https://ko-fi.com/meganchapman/shop and then click on the "mounted painting on canvas" tab to see the available sale works.



On Wednesday, I met up with my pals Aoife and Meg for lunch in a place in Leith I had never been - eating out in restaurants is still pretty new for me since the pandemic. I think I have sat down to eat in maybe 3 since it all kicked off and 2 times were in the last couple of weeks. It was great to spend time with my friends in a new place and enjoy the food, laughs, and atmosphere. Then I walked back down the walk into the belly of Leith for a wee wander around a favourite old cemetery I had forgotten about. I took a few snaps and enjoyed the area. It was a good day and again I felt gratitude for the community I am a part of and the friendships I have built here. It was a beautiful day with a dash of magic and spring vibes.

The Shore, Leith


Thursday sort of came and went, and here we are, Friday. I will watch and observe Theo tonight and hope for the best. Thanks for swinging by the Friday Studio Blog and checking out all my other stuff. I really appreciate your support and interest. I will produce new work again soon - Theo is a priority for me just now. Sending love and gratitude to all beings. Until next week, keep fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment