Friday, March 3, 2023

Consider this the hint of the century

Oh, life... (cue the R.E.M song

There was no Tuesday Studio Video Visit this week and this might barely count as a blog (no, it counts). 

On Sunday I went for a walk towards Cramond with my pal James, on Sunday night Edinburgh (and much of the UK) was treated to the Northern Lights and in the city with all the light pollution that is a big deal. Here's a picture I took from the wee beach across the road. It was reassuring to know these dancing colours were out there in the sky over the north sea. 


I don't remember much about Monday and on Tuesday, Theo spent the whole day at the vet on IV fluids. I didn't talk to Jennifer as we usually do that day but I did talk to another creative dynamo about a possible environmentally friendly collaboration/commission project. More on that hopefully in the near future. 


On Wednesday, I shared some older works from my Artwork Archive (pictured above) on social media, trying to do a bit of creative record-keeping. I wrote:

"Do you live with some of these pieces? PLEASE LET ME KNOW - there is a wee comment icon at the top of each painting that will easily send me a message. *I'd like to take it a step further, if you can remember how you acquired the painting that would be grand.* And if you don't live with these paintings - enjoy looking back at these various series of my work from long ago. PS. If you used to live with the painting and sold it - passed it on etc. I would love to know that too. Here is the link if you would enjoy looking back at some of my older works and of course if you happen to live with one or more of these pieces or if you used to, please let me know." Click this link to view: https://www.artworkarchive.com/rooms/megan-chapman/ea4e5a

I think it was also on Wednesday that I moved my schedule around to accommodate the second part of the Scottish Artists Union Rep training that will start up again next Thursday. As you may recall last year I took part in Union Rep training and really enjoyed it and I look forward to completing the training so I can be of service to my fellow union members and art workers in the community. 

Thursday came and went and today I enjoyed a long chat with my dear friend and fellow artist Adelaide Shalhope. We have been enjoying talking about art for about 3 years now. I always feel better after talking to Adelaide. Always uplifted and inspired - we have expansive talks - leaving few stones unturned. Check out her work - I absolutely love it. 

There is a lot going on in the background of my life just now and I am holding many emotions. Spring is here, with new beginnings and flowers and also forks in the road. Sending love to all beings navigating this life.

Oh, and I was told to let you know that if you are in the UK it is free shipping weekend on T-shirts and Totes from my shop! This means that customers can get free UK shipping on all orders in my shop from 9am on Friday to midnight on Sunday. Get yours now!

https://gutlessapparel.teemill.com/


PS. Monday is my birthday. Feel like buying me a coffee in celebration? Go here :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment