Friday, October 29, 2010

Falling into Sound: Opens Next Week November 4th.

You can just watch the video or you can read below or both, or just look at the pictures. This week at the studio blog you have options....

Falling into Sound: The Vlog from Megan Chapman on Vimeo.

If you are a regular to this blog or a friend of mine, you probably know that I have an upcoming exhibition that opens next week. (especially if you just watched that video) But, just in case some of you don't know this, I think it bears repeating. My exhibition Falling into Sound will be held November 3-27 in the Hive Gallery at the Fayetteville Underground. The opening reception will be held First Thursday November 4th from 5-8pm. Regular gallery hours are W-F 12-7pm and Saturday 10-5pm.

For those of you who can make it, I look forward to sharing my latest works with you. These are all new works created in 2010. I will be showing eleven new works on canvas and the Manual for Living: A ten page guide, which are works on paper. Here is a recap of the remaining available works. Please contact me via email, megancha@gmail.com if you are interesting in purchasing any of these works through the Fayetteville Underground.

We will sink to the bottom of the ocean together
30x24" $800
©2010 Megan Chapman


A Certain Trajectory
24x30" $800
© 2010 Megan Chapman


Everything feels prehistoric (when we crash down to earth)
30x24" $800
© 2010 Megan Chapman

Falling into Sound
40x30" $1,350
© 2010 Megan Chapman


Something Quiet
20x16" $425
© 2010 Megan Chapman


Sometimes
30x40" $1,350
© 2010 Megan Chapman


Dispensing old memory
16x20" Sold
© 2010 Megan Chapman

things fall away (as we go under)
30x40" $1,350
© 2010 Megan Chapman

when I close my eyes
16x20" $425
© 2010 Megan Chapman


tie a stone to my heart and watch it sink
20x16" Sold
© 2010 Megan Chapman

you will find me here (at the end of the line)
©2010 Megan Chapman
30x24" $800


And for those of you who would enjoy a review of the Manual for living: A ten page guide.

a manual for living: a ten page guide from Megan Chapman on Vimeo.


I am looking forward to the exhibition. For more information about my work you can also visit my website. I will keep you posted and let you know how the opening goes next week. Thanks for your continued support and interest in my work. I am grateful.



5 comments:

  1. What date was it again? Meeeegun Chapman..

    Brilliant, like the video, ADORE the work.

    Can't wait to see it all come together..

    What date was it again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure who is more excited about seeing your show officially installed in the Hive gallery, you or ME! Congratulations on a magnificent body of work. xxooj

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool and weird, the figural elements emerging and disappearing. I wish I could speak art to you. Instead I will say it's wonderful to see your work together like this, and I like "when I close my eyes" lots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mr. Supervisor as always I am indebted to your support and friendship.
    Jennifer- I love being able to work beside you and share in our mutual excitement. Your show is going to be a hit too!
    Wrenna- Always lovely when you drop by, I also like "When I close my eyes" lots. :)
    Thanks all!! x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the show goes like a dream, is fantastic in every way, and your receipt book thinner.
    FABULOUS work!!

    Debs

    ReplyDelete