Friday, October 22, 2010

In other news...


my work installed, First National Bank, Berryville Arkansas
Images courtesy of Julie Wait Designs


This week, I want to share the snap shots of the 5 paintings that are now in the collection of The First National Bank of Berryville, Arkansas. I was thrilled when Julie Wait Designs contacted me again and wanted to use my work in one of their firm's design projects. Julie Wait Designs also used six of my paintings in the offices of Legacy National Bank in Springdale, Arkansas several years ago. I love it when local designers, use local art in local businesses. It is just a win-win all around. I am always grateful to have my work remembered for projects, and enjoy working with designers, and seeing how my art fits in corporate collections as well as in private ones.

In other news, I am making last minute preparations for my exhibition, Falling into Sound to be held in the Hive Gallery at the Fayetteville Underground. I am excited to show in the Fayetteville Underground, especially after curating several other exhibitions in the Hive gallery. I am interested to see how my own work will look and transform the space. My new business cards and post cards will arrive this week, and then there will be the framing of the Manual for Living to attend to and the printing up of my statement and all the other little bits that come together to create a show. My exhibition will consist of eleven paintings on canvas and the ten page manual. All the work will be for sale, and I really look forward to seeing this body of work all together as a cohesive whole and talking with people about the work.

Falling into Sound

Hive Gallery
Fayetteville Underground
November 3-27, 2010.
Opening Reception First Thursday November 4 from 5-8pm

a manual for living: a ten page guide from Megan Chapman on Vimeo.

I hope you have a great week. More about Falling into Sound next week!! As always, keep fighting...and if you are local, mark your calendar for November 4th from 5-8pm.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool, Megan! Congratulations!!
    And serendipitously I just saw this headline: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2024218,00.html?hpt=C2

    So you are in a good crowd :)
    But I already knew that!

    ReplyDelete