Friday, September 2, 2016

Something is coming

detail from large painting


There is a place deep within where the good stuff comes from. If I close my eyes and listen to just the right piece of music I can catch a glimpse of this place in my center. It's an open space. This space tells me something is coming. Something big and good. I just need to wait a little longer and keep working on my foundation in the meantime. 

I have been busy trying new things, dreaming up new strategies, listening to experts and taking notes. I have been slowly implementing changes here and there as I go. I am growing roots and reaching out to opportunity. I am grateful for these experts and people in the field that reach out and offer me understanding and inspiration.

I had a lovely studio visit this week from artist and designer, Jenni Douglas and her partner, playwright, Duncan Kidd. It was wonderful to have them in my space even just for a few minutes. To see it through their eyes was a gift.

The latest series is slowly but surely coming along, it's really playing hard to get so I know it will be worth all the hassle when it is finished. These paintings are some of my greatest teachers. 

Until next week, keep fighting and support the arts!

No comments:

Post a Comment