Friday, October 20, 2017

Talk about the passion



This week flew by in a blink but even with the pace, I think it was a rather lovely time. Autumn is definitely upon us and I am feeling like making a nest and preparing for darker days.

We had a lovely friend arrive on Wednesday morning for an overnight stay. It was wonderful to see our city through her eyes, as we showed her as much as we could in a short time. I feel exhausted yet also refreshed.



In preparation for her visit we tore the flat apart and gave it a good cleaning. We also decided to rearrange our art collection, frame some pieces that had been in storage, and generally give the flat a new feeling and look. It's amazing what one will do when guests are coming. I am so happy we rose to the occasion! The space feels good.

I am very passionate about making art but I am also a passionate collector when I am able. My Tuesday Studio Video Visit was about the aspect of being an artist and supporting art as well. I talk about not letting the idea about what is "Art" inhibit your collecting as well as overcoming other fears or obstacles that might get in your way. If you missed it on my facebook art page you can see it here.


In other exciting news, I will be participating in several upcoming group exhibitions here in Edinburgh and back home in the states. I happily have a lot of work on my plate. I will, of course, tell you all about it when the time comes. Thank you for reading my blog, watching my videos, and supporting my work as an artist. Thank you to all the artists out there making such gorgeous and searching work.

Now, I think it's time for sleeping. Until next week, keep fighting, keep reaching out, and keep connecting. The world needs you.





No comments:

Post a Comment