Friday, September 28, 2018

One thousand miles an hour : Exhibition, Open Studios, New Flat



My brain feels like it is going one thousand miles an hour. A ping-pong match mixture of happiness, excitement (my show and open studios), disbelief (at world news and American politics), grief over the passing of a dear friend and relief for having found somewhere to live (finally!). This is how my brain feels even after my yoga and meditation.

Honestly, I think I am totally worn out. The stress of the constant search for a place to live over the last eight weeks was pretty intense and has caught up with me. I am grateful for all the leads, help, support, and just general good vibes we were given in the search. Thank you.

Now I just want to get in the new house and make it ours, a fresh start is needed. I also need to process my grief over my friend. This will probably happen when everything slows down or when I am least expecting it, at least I will be by the sea.

My exhibition,"Between memory and story" closed on Friday night at 5pm. It was a wonderful experience. Here's the Tuesday Studio Video Visit (filmed on a Wednesday) expressing my feelings about the exhibition.



Thanks again to everyone who supported the exhibition by their kind comments, visits, and sharing photos of the show on social media. It was a lovely experience.

After a bit of a studio clean up, I am ready to open it up to the public this Sunday from 12-5pm. I am pleased to be participating in the second Makers Marque and open studio event at The Out of the Blue Drill Hall. Learn more below.



Makers Marque
Sunday 30th September 2018
12pm - 5pm, £2 Entry/£1 Conc.

Makers Marque is more than just a market for local traders and designers. It is a chance for people to get involved, learn a new skill and see the processes that usually take place behind closed studio doors. The event is a mix of local craftspeople demonstrating their skills, artist and makers workshops, repair stations and marketplace.

We have workshops spaces, a beautiful and spacious market hall, on-site cafe and with local makers/ artists and designers selling their unique products and demonstrating their craft.

Drill Hall based artists Megan Chapman (studio G23) and Mairi Brown (studio F14) will be taking part with OPEN STUDIOS during the event!

Never a dull moment! We get the keys to our wee red brick 1840 fisherman's cottage in Granton on October 4th. I can't wait. 

I also can't wait to get back to a painting routine and just getting back to some type of normalcy albeit with a new perspective. I am grateful for all the support I have been given. Thank you.

Who knows, perhaps I can write next week's studio blog in the new place! Oh, there will be pictures - it's my next blank canvas. 

Special love to my dear friend, Antoinette. She is sadly not on this plane anymore but I know she is nearby on another and she would be so happy for this next seaside adventure.

Love and light to you and yours.
*************
Do you enjoy my blog, my video visits, the paintings I share, or the other content that I provide for free across social media? Consider buying me a cup of coffee in support of my work. I am a member of Ko-fi.com, A friendly way for creators to get paid! Thank you!

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment