Friday, May 24, 2019

Making, doing, seeing, being.


I started on three large canvases this week, bought more black paint, and worked on twelve small paper pieces. The week moved along until here we are, Friday.

My studio time was punctuated throughout the week by my brilliant friends. Tea drinking and charity shopping with Philip on Sunday, studio time and a meeting in the city on Monday, coffee and a walk with Jane on Tuesday (along with an exciting appearance of the First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon), a gorgeous brass statue of Lord Ganesha was acquired on this day as well, and of course, we can't forget the filming of the Tuesday Studio Video Visit. Wednesday I spent working in the studio with periodic chats with my friend, Aoife. Yesterday, I walked up Calton Hill with my friend Tamsin, spent some more time working in the studio, and then enjoyed dinner with my friends Aoife and Megan. Today, I enjoyed an early morning meet up with my friend Peikko in a cafe in the Meadows before we participated in the climate strike and marched through the city centre. 

So as you can see, I enjoyed a partially sunny and full week of work and friendship, balanced by evening walks, photographs of the sea and sunsets, and even a couple of films. It feels good to have this lovely community of friends and balance in my life. I am truly thankful for it all. You may ask, what does this have to do with art and I would tell you again, everything. It is the foundation.



In strictly art related news, my studio G23 is scheduled to be open on Sunday from 12-5 pm as part of the Makers Marque at the Out of the Blue Drill Hall located at 36 Dalmeny Street, Leith, Edinburgh. I will be sharing my book series, my small paper pieces, as well as previewing the beginnings of my new series. There may be some bargains to be had so come on by!


The Spring Exhibition at the Dancing Light Gallery is coming to close on the 29th of May. If you are in the area and haven't yet been by, don't delay!

Dancing Light Gallery
Whitmuir by Lamancha
West Linton
Edinburgh
EH46 7BB

Gallery Hours:
Mon-Sun. 10am-5pm
Phone 01968 660200
Email: info@dancinglightgallery.co.uk



Also, the Off the Wall exhibition at the Velvet Easel Gallery in Portobello remains on show until the 30th of June so if you haven't been by there yet, please put it in your diary as I have 4 small framed works remaining on show there. 

Velvet Easel Gallery
298 Portobello High Street
Edinburgh, EH15 2AS

Gallery Hours:
Thu-Sat. 10am-5pm
Sun. 12-5pm.
Phone 07813 916684
Email: https://velveteasel.co.uk/contact



And last but not least, for my friends and patrons back home in Fayetteville, Arkansas, you can find a selection of my small original paintings and limited edition prints at the Fenix Gallery. If my work is not currently on show, just ask to see it!

Fenix Gallery
16 W. Center Street
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701

Gallery Hours:
Wed-Fri 10-5pm
Sat. 9-2pm

Go out and see some art, support artists, and keep fighting for a more just and fair world for us all! Don't forget to see your friends while you are at it. Community is key, thank you for being part of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment