Friday, January 22, 2021

The pendulum swings back

The sun was out today so I got outside to let it fill my face. I am solar powered now. I've caught up on my blog so if you have missed the last few, here they are for you again. 

Friday, January 15, 2021
Open the flood gates

Friday, January 8, 2021
Obviously not me

Friday, January 1, 2021
The practice of being human

Friday, December 25, 2020
2020. Year in review.

The painting above is the last new piece in the current series. Right now I am sharing studio snapshots- I will take better photos soon. You can see my limited palette is in full effect. I am working on some beautiful paper, Fabriano Artistico hot pressed heavyweight watercolour paper with deckled edges. I found a pile of it leftover from an old project. It's a good size (56x76cm).

I have been working on another piece but I strangely overworked it and had to give it a shower. Now, I think the paper might be too distressed from the experience. Time will tell. I share this because this is part of the process. The alchemy isn't always available and that's okay. 

The presidential inauguration this week was magnificent and gave me a lot of hope. The pendulum swings back again. We now know what we almost lost. There is a life lesson here.

Never give up. Keep fighting. THE PENDULUM SWINGS BACK!

More work and news soon. Thanks for your support and enthusiasm for my work. 

Take care out there.
Megan 



No comments:

Post a Comment