Friday, January 8, 2021

Obviously not me


I am behind on my blog and it drives me a bit crazy so I thought I would at least catch up with one and make some progress. I can partially blame my lack of writing on the fact that the previous two blogs were scheduled to be posted on Christmas and New Years Day. Who is going to write or read an art blog on a holiday? Obviously not me. 

So here we are, I will check-in today and work backward (the December 25th blog is mostly written already - it's the year in review blog so it is easy for it to become overwhelming). 

I have not yet painted or drawn anything in the new year. It is the 8th day of January and I am not too worried about it. I can feel the work bubbling up, it is almost to my fingertips, but not quite yet. There has been the post-holiday haze, more horrible covid news, and an insurrection to process from back home. I focus on walking, nature, films, music, dumb shit on the internet, and cooking good food. I focus on chatting with friends and family (ps. check in on your people). If you don't have people, consider me one. How are you doing? Check-in and let me know. I do care. Yes, really. These things seem important just now. 

The work is coming and it will pour when it does, I am resting just a little longer first. 

Thank you to everyone who drops by here and to everyone who supported me and my work in 2020. You all are bloody amazing. I am so thankful to have you in my corner. It makes all the difference in the world.

Take care and best wishes for this crazy new year. 

Love, 

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment