Friday, January 1, 2021

The practice of being human

 Today is the start of the New Year. 2021

Last night:

Six bonfires on the wee beach, laughter and chatter in the distance, the moon and stars above, waves lapping in the background. Counting down minutes, watching the local fireworks displays all around and hearing the ships’ horns bellow at midnight.

I walked 116.30 miles in December. I have not been painting much since I completed my most recent small works on paper. But I have been walking. I think walking is becoming a part of my practice now. The practice of being human, the practice of meditation, practice of being an artist, practice for being in this world and walking through all the events of these strange days.


The pavement is my guide, the birds and trees are my friends. One step forward and then another. The sun holds my hand. I breathe into nature’s embrace. Ever thankful.



There is time for everything and for new ways of being and seeing. Soon I will paint again. Happy New Year, May you be safe, happy, and healthy. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment