Friday, June 2, 2023

We sail today

Paul Banks of Interpol 

Hello Dear Readers!!

I got myself into the studio Monday from 10-2:30, Tuesday from 9-11, and again on Friday from 11:30-2:30. I recorded another Tuesday Studio Video Visit from my studio, organised most of my favourite materials, received my new drawing board, organised a survey for the Drill Hall resident artists, attended a meeting with a few artists, and started and finished a painting!

And I saw Interpol on Wednesday Night! Interpol = finished painting. It's a fact. It was my first completed abstract painting since last autumn. I am finding my way. 

It was my 7th time seeing Interpol and maybe the best gig yet! Certainly, the shortest distance I have ever travelled. Amazing. I was high as a kite the next day. Invigorated.

May 31, 2007
Interpol /
Palladium Ballroom, Dallas, Texas, United States

Aug 01, 2007

Interpol / Calla
The Pageant St. Louis, Missouri, United States

Sep 27, 2007
Interpol / Atmosphere / Liars
Palladium Ballroom, Dallas, Texas, United States

Oct 10, 2007

Interpol / Liars
Uptown Theater Kansas City, Missouri, United States

April 20, 2011
Interpol / The School of Seven Bells
Cain's Ballroom, Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

February 14, 2015
Interpol /
Barrowlands, Glasgow, Scotland

May 31, 2023
Interpol / Water From Your Eyes
O2 Academy, Edinburgh, Scotland

If you want to read about the relationship between me, Interpol, and art then just type "Interpol" in the search bar of this blog in the top left. This is a band that I have painted countless paintings to with their songs on repeat, over and over again. They sort of resuscitated me when I thought I was getting old back in 2007 (lolz - I was only 35) and at 51 they still do the trick. 

Go see live music. Go see your favourite band over and over again. Have a healthy obsession. I am so grateful that I have been seeing live music since I was 13.

Right, so my art. 

The Tuesday Studio Video Visit:  Abundance in the studio. 
I love my tools - these are my friends.


After I filmed the video I couldn't help but start a painting. I needed to make some marks on that wall so it didn't stay too pristine for too long. And the finished result is below. It's all the rage back home... 


I listened to one song on repeat (of course). 

That's this week's studio blog. Thanks for your encouragement, support, and for being along for the ride. Take care until next week.

Like what I share?

Leave me a tip at ko-fi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment