Friday, September 6, 2019

Art Walk Porty is Here! Join us!

Hello Dear Reader, 

I'll be making finishing touches on my books in the studio today for Art Walk Porty's Artists' Bookmarket this weekend at the Dalriada on the Portobello Promenade. I'll be there on Saturday from 12-6 and Sunday from 12-5. So please do come by and say hello, it's very important for me that you see this work in person.

Several of my small, framed paintings will also be on show in the current group exhibition at the brilliant The Velvet Easel Gallery (venue number 27) on the Portobello High Street. Art Walk Porty is a fantastic art festival by the sea, featuring many wonderful artists and their work. It is a unique and groundbreaking multi-faceted art festival not to be missed.


Here is a preview of some of my latest book works. There are currently 43 works in this 20th Anniversary series of books.








I plan to write a more formal statement about these book works and how they came about later today but you can watch the latest Tuesday Studio Video Visit for some more clarity- the past two Tuesday Studio Video Visits shine a pretty good light on their origins.




If you are local to Edinburgh or plan to pass through this weekend, I do hope I will see you at the book market and enjoying all Art Walk Porty has to offer. Until next week, keep fighting! The world needs you and your vision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment