Friday, March 6, 2020

Two Exhibitions Opening Saturday March the 7th!



Solo Gallery presents ‘First Impressions.' Opening Saturday, March the 7th! 

The exhibition will feature the work of local artist Louise Turnbull and will be shown alongside the work of Anita Phillips, Mary Morrison, Pascale Steenkiste, Megan Chapman, Debbie Lee, Moy Mackay, Barbara Cameron, and Hilary Forbes. 

If you're in the Scottish Borders on Saturday 7th March, come along to the opening from 2-5pm for nibbles and a glass of something bubbly. The exhibition continues until Saturday 4th April. 


I am delighted to have seven pieces in this exhibition and to be sharing the walls with such good company. 

Solo Gallery
51 High Street, Innerleithen EH44 6HD 
Phone: 07495 710687
Gallery hours:
10am - 5pm daily, except on Tuesday when the gallery is closed. The gallery is also open on Sunday from 12-4pm. 
Follow the gallery's Facebook and Instagram pages to stay updated.



The Velvet Easel Gallery presents 'Where the Shadows Come to Play.' Opening Saturday, March 7th!

A new and exciting mixed exhibition featuring a broad range of mixed media artists. Make plans to come out and support this sweet and varied gallery with something for everyone and receive a kind and warm welcome on Saturday 7th March. Join us from 10am to close on Saturday for the opening and enjoy drinks and nibbles whilst taking in some superb art. The exhibition continues until the 28th of June.

I happily have four new works in this exhibition.

The Velvet Easel Gallery

298 Portobello High Street, Portobello, Edinburgh, EH15 2AS
Phone: 07813 916684
Gallery hours:
10am - 5pm Thurs, Friday, Saturday. The gallery is also open on Sunday from 12-5pm. Follow the gallery's Facebook and Instagram pages to stay updated.


Irving Gallery in Oxford, 'A Place to Breathe.' Exhibition continues!

The exhibition will include paintings by Gina Parr, Helen Booth, Megan Chapman, and Kate Shooter, prints by Maxine Foster and Julie Leach, and photography by Ian Hoskin and Gina Parr.

The exhibition opened Saturday 29th February from 1pm - 5pm. 'A Place to Breathe' will continue until Saturday 18th April. 

I am beyond thrilled to have six new works showing as part of this heavy-hitting exhibition in Oxford, England. If you are in the area, please make plans to attend and send me photos!

Irving Gallery
28 Essex Street, Oxford OX4 3AW, UK
Phone: 07969 673349
Gallery hours:
Wednesday and Thursday 11am - 5pm Friday: 11am- 3pm Saturday: 1pm to 5pm
Follow the gallery's Facebook and Instagram pages to stay updated.


And soon I will have the confirmed details for my solo exhibition at the Helensburgh Art Hub for April.

I know my studio blog has become quite promotional heavy lately, I have been painting here and there (there has been a lot going on behind the scenes). I have painted one small work, one small sculpture, and four accidental portraits this year. After November's intense flurry of activity (a very productive 2019 really) and this flurry of exhibitions, I have not been in the flow but I am looking forward to finding a new rhythm soon. I also very much looking forward to the spring too.

I hope everyone is well, happy and inspired. Thanks to everyone who has seen my work in the galleries carrying it currently, and thanks for the folks that came to my open studio on March 1 and have supported me through my ko-fi page and through the accidental portraits. Take care until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment