Friday, July 30, 2021

We are symbiotic

I need to write a proper long blog. Not for you but for me. I need to sit still and listen inward and reflect. I have been feeling a bit stuck in that department. I have been busy using the other parts of my brain. That has been fine but it's time for a recalibration. 

If I find the right song, the right pathway in - I just need that jumping-off point. 

Typically, I would write about the Abstractionistas exhibition as well as the recent exhibition at the Granton Hub. I just don't feel able to right now. I am thankful for both and I had some good conversations and experiences but I am not quite able to put them into words. 

I am at a crossroads. July is coming to a close (already!?!) - these months, these years, come to a close so fast. 

It was a 4 migraine month, a 2 dentist appointment month, a 2 exhibition month, my 2nd vaccination month and a hell of a lot of bus rides month. So I think I understand why I can't write about much of it yet. So much outward energy expended when I have been living inside for a good while now. 

It also feels like it has been a long while since I have made anything much on the art front. I did happen to record 2 songs this month (more on that one day or never). Part of me thinks I should just get up from my desk and this machine and drag a piece of charcoal down a piece of paper. Just to move... 

I also know that when I decide to move (and I will) that it will pour out of me. So, there is no reason to be concerned. I am working when I am resting and years of working back me up. But, I am curious like a cat about what will come forth. That's the exciting part. I have a relationship with my art - we are symbiotic.

You are part of it. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. It's healthy and good to reflect and take time for yourself. I find I have to wait attentively for the words to come when I want to write- and trust that they will come (as they do). I do enjoy your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, for reading and for your kind comment. Yes, I am waiting attentively too! It is all about trust, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your experience. I am so glad you enjoy my paintings. Take good care - Megan

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to read this blog and leave a comment - just when I thought no one reads this anymore... take care and thanks again! - Megan

      Delete