Friday, July 22, 2022

Permission granted

Today I thought I might share a bit of an old-school-style post. Back when I first started this blog, I gave a lot of tips and shared the processes I followed for getting into galleries, setting up exhibitions, and just coming to terms with being an artist in general.

First of all, here's a permission slip. Feel free to add to it - because as long as you are not hurting yourself or someone else - you have permission. Go express yourself!



Okay with permission now granted, let's listen to a couple of clips about creativity.




And here's another sort of permission slip if you still need one. This is my favourite from Sol LeWitt to Eva Hesse.


And this is where I leave you. Move forward, take a risk - we need YOU and YOUR work - not their work, not her work or his work, we need you...

It's not easy - it's actually really fucking hard but it is important work. 
I'll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment