Friday, August 23, 2019

Exhibitions, studio work, and more!

Monday came on strong with several smaller (but not small) works on canvas and a large painting was summoned up by the afternoon.



Just some of the smaller works on canvas from Monday. Here is the large piece that came later.


On Tuesday, I filmed the Tuesday Studio Video Visit and talked in-depth about my feelings regarding the large canvas. You can see it again here if you missed it.



In other news: a reminder that tonight from 6-9pm is the opening reception for John Doyle Art located at 23 Parnie Street in Glasgow. This brand new gallery aims to bring an eclectic collection of talent and skill together under one roof. I am delighted to be part of it. 


In two weeks, it will be Art Walk Porty - The Artist's Book Market, at the Dalriada located right on the Portobello Promenade across from the sea in Edinburgh. Saturday the 7th 12-6pm and Sunday the 8th of September from 12-5pm. I really need to properly turn my focus to this upcoming deadline and get my bookwork show ready and stop working on the rolled canvas works (note to self). 


Last but not least, a new patron just sent me this photo of two of my small works that have now be framed and lovingly placed in their new home. These two small works look dynamic together and I love how they’ve been framed. Word to the wise, these were picked for a song from my online studio sale



Until next week, may you be well, happy, and inspired. Remember that every day we paint is a victory. The world needs you and your art! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment