Saturday, December 22, 2012

I am still here... (busy III)

with ice in our glasses mixed media on paper 5x7"
© 2012 Megan Chapman
Dear Readers,

I am so sorry I didn't check in here last week! I just got so busy adapting to the workaday office cubicle world that my art world slipped a bit and every time I remembered I needed to write, some other appointment would come up. After eleven years of mostly doing things on my own schedule and my studio blog, every Friday being a priority, things just went all topsy turvy! I am so glad to be back here, where I belong. You can count on me continuing to make this blog a priority as we go forward.

So let's see...

The first and most important update I want to tell you is that my project, The Ghosts of the past exposed has been granted an extension and a minimum goal revision!!! I now have 10 more days to reach my new goal of $6,800! The super exciting part is that my generous donors have already raised $6,208! I am feeling confident that we can reach the minimum goal by the deadline now! Anything raised over that minimum $6,800 will help me with some of the things I had to cut from the initial budget. If you have already given, I thank you for getting me to this exciting point. I am grateful for your belief in me and my work. Please consider sharing my project with your friends and other art lovers. To those who haven't given yet, please consider donating any amount. Little amounts add up if enough people give. All donations are tax-deductible. Learn more about my project here.

In other news, last Friday was the opening of the Snowflake Salon : biennial winter invitational. My work was included in this group exhibition along with 40 other artists from around the country and world. The exhibition took place in Philadelphia. This was my second time to participate but the first time that both my pieces sold on opening night! I learned about my sales in a tweet! I was so overjoyed! I just sent the gallery two replacement paintings as the exhibition is up until February 28th. If you are in the area, please pay them a visit! I was so glad to participate and really pleased that Stewart Bremner and Jennifer Libby Fay were also part of the exhibition. It is always great when we get to celebrate these accomplishments together!

I am trying to remember what else happened since I last wrote. The East Prospect Exhibition was a success and we had a brilliant turnout Thursday December 6th and the following Saturday December 8th. Cubemusic stole the show and created the perfect experience to compliment all the art on the walls upstairs. All the artists that participated are stars in my book and the patrons that supported us are too. I heard many lovely comments about all the work and the entire experience of viewing world class art in a house. I am glad that almost all of our artists sold work, made contacts and gained additional exposure. I will continue to host East Prospect Exhibitions as long as the public will come out and support them and as long as the artists I work with enjoy it and find it valuable. I love the transformation of living space into gallery space, the DIY aspect of it all and having the community be part of something unique. Stay tuned for the next exhibition...

After that flurry of small works for the holidays, I haven't been making much art. Truly it is the job, it always shifts my vision of the world greatly when I start working in some non art related way. Let's just say I am not much of a multi-tasker. As many of you know by now, I am very all or nothing and this applies to everything. So when I am art, I am all art and when I am work, I am all work. I wish it didn't have to be that way but it always has been in my experience. It's not forever and I will remember how to divide my attention a little better as I just get used to it all. 

I guess that is about it. I am just busy working at my part time job, getting ready to celebrate the holidays with my family, trying to successfully wrap up my project and getting excited as Stewart Bremner will soon be returning to the states for another visit!

I want to wish you all a very happy holiday and thank you for going along on the ride. Next week's post will be my year end review wrap up! How could it be that time already!?!

Until next week, you know what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment