Saturday, March 29, 2014

New paintings, workshops and publications!


Hello! Thanks for joining me on this rainy Friday. I am in my studio again just enjoying spending time around my work and supplies while writing this post. This is the fourth week in a row I have written my blog from my attic studio and I must count this as a victory. More evidence that I am getting back into the swing of things slowly but surely.

I am also very happy to report that a new series is underway as well! It is still very early in the game so I won't say much about it but to say I am excited about the direction and to be working in this way again.

While working on my new series I am also preparing for some workshops that I will be teaching soon. I am looking forward to working with folks and sharing my experiences.

Some ideas for my future workshops:

In the first two hour segment I will touch on many aspects of the business side of art, how to speak about yourself as an artist, promote your work to galleries and arts organizations, build relationships with patrons by using social media and how to speak about your work effectively in person.

In the second two hour segment you’ll learn how to speak about yourself and your work all while quieting the voices of the naysayers and our own self-limiting beliefs. Attention will also be on writing and fine tuning a winning artist statement and biography.

In the third two hour segment you will learn effective portfolio presentation, the basics of documenting your work and pricing your art. We’ll learn researching potential venues for your work and how to approach galleries, art centers and nontraditional spaces.

In the fourth two hour segment we will focus on the importance of social media and how to really engage people with your work, whether online or in person. We will also discuss how to confidently create your own opportunities locally, nationally and internationally and identify available resources that will help your art career flourish.

I can't wait to launch this series of workshops and other goodies online in the near future. Stay tuned.

I am also very excited to report that the Spring 2014 issue of LETTERS is out now! The cover features a detail of my painting, "pocket full of live wires." There are three of my paintings featured within the journal as well. LETTERS is produced by students from Yale University’s Institute of Sacred Music and Yale Divinity School. I am honored to have my work included.

Don't miss New Hampshire's Poet Laureate Alice B. Fogel’s poem “Full of Life” which is an ekphrasis of my painting “Pocket Full of Live Wires” on page 22 and 23 of the journal. I am grateful for Ms. Fogel's interest in my work and for her writing about it. I love these collaborations as you just never know where they may lead. Click on the image to take you to the journal's website and click on issue 2 [Spring 2014] and then you can view and enjoy the journal.


I think that is all I have for you this week from my art world. Until next week, you know what to do... 

Keep fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment