Friday, April 9, 2021

Bread and roses


From there to here
mixed media on canvas board
5x7"/13x18cm
©2021 Megan Chapman
£55 with free shipping in the UK

STUDIO FLASH SALE THIS WEEK!
NOW JUST £45 with free shipping in the UK.
Click to buy:https://ko-fi.com/s/a3b4f45a94


Lay it down
mixed media on canvas board
7x5"/18x13cm
©2021 Megan Chapman
SOLD

Thunder and the roar
mixed media on canvas board
5x7"/13x18cm
©2021 Megan Chapman
SOLD

Your wild terrain
mixed media on canvas board
7x5"/18x13cm
©2021 Megan Chapman
£55 with free shipping in the UK

STUDIO FLASH SALE THIS WEEK!
NOW JUST £45 with free shipping in the UK.
Click to buy: https://ko-fi.com/s/9ac8d1ded2

Ties that bind
mixed media on canvas board
5x7"/13x18cm
©2021 Megan Chapman
£55 with free shipping in the UK
STUDIO FLASH SALE THIS WEEK!
NOW JUST £45 with free shipping in the UK.

I wish I could tell you a story about this new little series of works. The truth is, is that I just needed to paint. I needed to move. I needed to have something to show for myself at the end of a bothersome week. I needed to remember and connect with a force that doesn't have time for my horseshit. That's art, and that is how these pieces were born. You might want to listen to Tom Waits' album Rain Dogs while viewing them. Maybe that is all the story you need.

I currently have sixteen original pieces of art in my shop for £45 or less with free shipping in the UK. I also have six prints from my "accidental portrait/tell me how you really feel" series available from £25-40 depending on size.
Please support my work if you are able. I always try to keep a selection of my work in a more affordable price range because I believe in the power of art and the worker. "Bread for all, roses too." https://ko-fi.com/meganchapman/shop (click the tag "bargains £50 or less"). Thanks!

In other news, I just bit the bullet and subscribed to an online art archive platform,
Artwork Archive
. I have tried it for a month and it really seems to have all the features I need to keep my artwork in check. I went with a cheaper tier plan that will archive up to 500 works. I probably have more works than that (I keep finding new old works all the time) but I can upgrade when I reach that milestone.
Thanks to all my past and current patrons and supporters of my work for giving me a reason to have to keep up with all of this. 😉 Drop me £3 in my https://ko-fi.com/meganchapman if you want to help me cover this expense!
If you are an artist looking to archive your work, keep track of patrons, galleries, expenses, etc. Check it out. Yes, this is a referral link (to help soften the blow of my investment). If you subscribe with my link we both get $10 towards our accounts! Thanks! https://www.artworkarchive.com/?ref=6f381a

I have been knee-deep trying to find images of my work from art school in the mid-'90s and then on up to 2010. It's been a real challenge, a treasure hunt, and extremely frustrating but I am learning a lot in the process. And once all this is ordered I may just paint again! So if I seem more quiet than usual on social media it's just because I am taking care of business so that hopefully I can share a more complete story of my work with you. Some of it is probably better buried and lost but at the same time, it is the path of past work that led me here. Everything informs the next step. Even archiving all of this is part of the process.

Thank you for being part of it.
- Megan

As always if you live with my work or happen to have exhibition photos of my work, I would love to hear from you and see your photos! Email: megancha at gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment