Friday, February 11, 2022

Let's exchange the experience

To hide the best parts, 40x40x4cm

Mixed media on canvas, Megan Chapman

Hello, dear blog readers, 

The Abstractionistas exhibition, Awakenings continues this week and through April 17 at Detour Espresso at 39 Argyle Place, Marchmont, Edinburgh. Opening hours are 9-4pm M-F and 10-4 Sat-Sun. The exhibition was installed in the lovely light-filled and high-ceilinged space last Friday evening, see last week's blog for installation photos and a few thoughts about the work as a whole. 

This week has mostly been focused on promoting the exhibition and the individual pieces across our FacebookInstagram, and my YouTube

I tried something new this week with the Tuesday Studio Video Visit which I am excited about. I was able to record myself talking on camera about the five pieces I am showing at Detour, as I guide you through the work in question on the screen, picture in picture. This is pretty close to the experience you would get if you popped into my studio or met me at an exhibition for a discussion of my work. I tell you about the titles and meanings of the paintings as well as some of the strategies I use while creating the works. I really miss these in-depth discussions about my work with patrons, so please do watch the video if you haven't already. It is just under 15 minutes and I cover a lot of ground. Let me know what you think in the comments, and please like and share. I hope to do more videos like these in the future. 

That is all I have for you this week, some rewiring is being done in the house this morning, so I wanted to get this out early while I had a quiet moment. Thank you all for supporting and enjoying my work and for your enthusiastic support for the Abstractionistas. It means a lot to us all. If you are local, go have a coffee at Detour this weekend or make plans to go in the near future to support a wonderful local business and local artists! 

Until next week, take care and keep fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment