Saturday, May 19, 2012

Block Street and Beyond!

Hello Dear Readers,

This week has been busy as artist Stewart Bremner and I are getting ready to participate in the Block St. Block party being held on Sunday May 20th from 11am-dark. The organizers are expecting 12,000 people to attend and we hope to see them all at our art booth! I have my latest paper pieces that I created while in Scotland for sale, some framed and some unframed. Stewart will have his abstract works on paper and board, his car series and his greeting cards of animals and scenes of Edinburgh on view. Hope to see the locals on Sunday!

Speaking of upcoming projects, on June 7th from 5-8pm. Stewart Bremner, Jennifer Libby Fay and myself will be hosting a unique art exhibition, called east prospect. East prospect will feature the work of nine artists in an international exhibition. In this exhibition we have created our own exciting venue by showing the work in an artist's house! The permanent collection of the home will be taken down and stored away for the night while we hang the work of Stewart Bremner, myself, Christian Demare, Jennifer Libby Fay, Steven Heaton, Rob Kedward, Craig Munro, Thomas Petillo, and John Spurgeon. This exhibition, will give patrons a sense of how this work would look in their homes as well. These works will not be hung on expansive or austere gallery white walls and there will be no gallery lights. However, there will be world class art throughout the house. We hope many people will attend east prospect. You can learn more about our east prospect exhibition by visiting our site and our facebook event page.




In other news, I just received the panels from Perrodin Supply Co. and I must say I am very impressed with their product and service. I would highly recommend them to the most discerning artist. We will be using these panels for our new paintings that Stewart and I will create for our upcoming exhibition, a place called home. A place called home will be held in July at the Art Center of the Ozarks, with a reception on July 10th. We just got our cards for that exhibition as well. We hope you will join us for our exhibition, we can't wait to share the process and see what my time in Scotland and Stewart's third visit to Arkansas will produce as we create this shared body of work and reflect on what is home.



I think that is it for this week, until next week keep painting, keep fighting and keep making your own opportunities within your own art world. No one has more passion for your art than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment