Friday, July 1, 2016

An anchor, a beacon, something to pull me back

Well of course I got sick after Paris. I have spent my days since our return in bed watching political documentaries and wondering if it was all just a dream. I have also spent days wondering what the hell happened to the United Kingdom and what will happen to the United States in November. What a world... I just hope the future includes an independent Scotland as a member of the European Union and that America will NOT elect Donald Trump.

But back to me though, there have been boxes of tissues and many pots of tea and a bottle of Drambuie next the bed. There have been strange vision dreams and awkward naps. Yet here I am and finally on the mend, writing this blog from bed. If you missed my last two Paris related posts you can read them here and here.

On Monday I plan to be in the studio working further on my latest small works series, I love the broken things best. Come hell or high water I am going to be there and then I am going to be there the next day and the next. You get the idea, I need to make some art and I really like the series title. It inspires me so I must show up for it and see where it takes me.

Before I left town and everything got crazy, I did finish a small piece in the series. You can see it here, I am quite pleased with how this has turned out using my new foil technique. I can't wait to expand on it.


So I think I will leave you with this wee painting, like a talisman for the week ahead. An anchor, a beacon, something to pull me back from this sick bed and back into the dark arts where the dreams make sense. I love the broken things best and that includes me and you.

Until next week you know what to do. Keep fighting! The world needs you and your voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment