Friday, March 31, 2017

New! Limited Edition Prints are here!




They're here! My new limited edition prints have been released to the world! You can purchase them exclusively through my Etsy shop, Artmaven



The Story:

The Distillation Process
- conversations born of charcoal dust, my hand, and heart.

My latest project, "The Distillation Process," is a series of 180 paintings on paper created in January of this year. I wanted to give myself the challenge of creating six paintings each day, using only white and yellow ochre paint and charcoal, over the course of a month. These minimalist pieces focus on movement and gesture, spontaneously capturing my visual language as it is repeated and expanded. The process was a lesson in commitment, structure, and intuition. Confessional and dark at times, yet also quick and bright, the distillation process lead me down a new and vigorous path.

I have carefully selected 19 works from the original 180, that I feel represent the heart of the completed series. The following selections are now available as a series of signed, limited edition prints.

A huge part of the original process was very physical, immediate, and included the use of non-archival newsprint paper, and as such, the originals do not exist to be shown or sold. I will keep the originals in my personal archives and these limited edition prints will be the only representation of the process and the pieces that resulted.

Buying these limited edition prints supports mental health charity work:

10% from each sale from my distillation process limited edition print series will be donated to the Scottish Association for Mental Health. As beautiful as this world can be, there is darkness too, and sometimes we all need help. I want to contribute to people getting the help and services they need so they can experience more beautiful days. You can learn more about the charity and the good work they are doing here in Scotland as well as find helpful resources for yourself or a loved one.

Fine Art Print Details:

These prints are of my original abstract paintings created in my studio in Leith, a vibrant arts community in Edinburgh, Scotland. Each print is hand numbered, titled, dated and signed on the front.

These reproductions are professionally printed in Edinburgh with pigment inks on acid-free and archival 190gsm, 100% cotton rag paper. Archival prints should last 70-100 years so you can buy with confidence and enjoy your art for many years to come.

Available in Paper Size A3: 
42x29.7cm / 16.5x11.69 inches are priced at £65 and 29.7x29.7cm square / 11.69x11.69 inches are priced £45 and are limited to an edition of 25

Each print will be packed with a sturdy backing board inside a clear plastic sleeve and then placed inside a non-bendable mailer and shipped through the Royal Mail either track and sign or special delivery (depending on which size is purchased) in the UK or International track and sign depending on your location.

Thanks so much for your support of my work. Until next week, you know what to do (keep fighting and go buy some art!)

No comments:

Post a Comment