Friday, July 28, 2017

Isolated Moments



After taking Monday off, I worked on one 16x16" canvas and it still awaits completion.

Instead of finishing it, I turned my attention to Isolated Moments, a new small works series. These paintings are created on newsprint paper with acrylic paint during the process of working on my larger canvases. As I paint my larger works, I blot excess paint from the surface with newsprint paper. I often use the same piece of newsprint over and over again creating a multi-layered painting unique in and of itself. Rather than simply recycling or reusing all of these papers, I have held back the ones that I find particularly appealing, isolating the best moments from within the papers and now offer them as affordable originals.

I spent the week, selecting the paintings and then mounting them and documenting them. Currently, I am selling them through my Facebook art page but after a week or so I may list them in my Etsy shop. I am pleased to report that 4 have already sold since I shared them on Facebook yesterday! Thanks, lovely patrons! It is always uplifting to have the support and validation.

Until next week, keep fighting and keep finding those rare isolated moments.




Sold







Sold





Sold


Sold


No comments:

Post a Comment