Friday, December 21, 2018

Keeper



Oh, life...

I was wired, raw, and exhausted after the first part of the month with the intense turnaround time of the previous commissions. I was looking forward to spending time at our wee shack by the sea and regrouping and preparing for the holidays.

Life had other plans and it turned out to be one hell of a week. I am grateful for my friends and family near and far. I am honoured and lucky to know the beautiful souls that I do.

Here are some good things that happened in my art world. This wonderful poem, Keeper by Jane Murray Bird was published in The Pickled Body. Jane's poem was inspired by my painting from 2015, Memories of distant places.

I was thinking of posting the painting that inspired Jane's poem but I love her words so much on their own. You can find my painting, Memories of Distant Places, on my website if you are curious.



In other news, UK and International, art supplier, Jackson's Art Supplies once again shared the interview they did with me this past summer across all their social media platforms. I appreciated the interview the first time around and was delighted with this additional exposure. It is always wonderful to pick up some new and lovely followers of my work. If you missed it the first time you can read the interview here.

I think that's all I have for you this week. Take care of yourself and each other. The world needs you and your art. Thank you for reading my blog and for your continued support. Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment