Friday, June 14, 2019

A beautiful moment



I had the honour of working with PAPER+WHITE, award-winning international interior design and art consultancy based in England with studios in London’s East End and Cambridgeshire at the end of last year and the start of 2019. 

I am delighted to be able to share these gorgeous photos of my paintings in situ in this stunning family apartment in Kensington, London. 

Interior Design and Art Consultancy Credit: Paper + White 
Photography Credit: The Interior Photographer 
Photos used with permission.







This is another big moment in my art career, if you would have told me twenty years ago when I was about to graduate with my BFA in Painting from the University of Oregon, that five of my original paintings (four of which were site-specific commissions) would live in a stunning, well appointed, and impeccably designed apartment in Kensington, London I am not sure if I would have believed you. I must admit it feels right though and it feels good. I have worked hard for this. I am thankful for all the help I have been given and for the opportunities that have come my way. I am thankful to myself for never giving up. Special thanks to the supremely talented Davina Stanley of Paper +White. 

In other news, tomorrow (Saturday, June 15th) my studio G23 will be open as part of the Summer Arts Market at the Out of the Blue Drill Hall from 11-5 at 36 Dalmeny Street, Leith, Edinburgh. The hall will be filled with carefully curated stalls filled with art, craft, and design goodness. The wonderful Mairi Brown will also have her studio open just up the stairs from mine. Please join us, we love opening our studios for you! Weather permitting, I may have a special treat for you in the form of my pop up exhibition, "To tell you everything." Here is a short video of the installation (I had a soft launch on Monday). Let's hope we have dry weather for tomorrow but if not, I will have it at a later date.






Until next week, keep fighting, keep trying, and dream big. The world needs you and your art. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment